Wednesday, July 29, 2009

They're Eating Our Road

Admittedly, this may not be as fascinating to you as it is to me but on the off chance that you're as intrigued with how they do stuff as I am . . .

First they came by my house with this thing:
It chews up the road into little tiny pieces.

Then they scoop up the bigger of the little pieces in this:
It's not very effective, as most of the stuf they scoop up falls right back out. So they have a guy who hand shovels most of the rubble into the scoop.

Then the fancy dustpan comes by:
It has a rotating brush that sweeps what's left into that big front-loader dustpan. I need one of those for my kitchen floor.

Last, they dump it into the dump truck.

I don't know why they're doing this. They're chewing up the same places they chewed up last summer when they put in the pipe for the secondary water system. Maybe they have to do repairs or something.

Baby Shrek and Baby Burrito thought it was ultra-cool too. We were outside playing basketball when they trucks came. They stood there and watched the whole process for about 45 minutes.

Now playing on my iPod: Macho Man by the Village People
(they are so NOT)

No comments: