Friday, July 10, 2009

Top 10 Reasons an Empty Nest Rocks



10. I get to go to bed whenever I want.

9. I can go play with my girlfriends at the drop of a hat.

8. DH and I can smooch without hearing gagging noises.

7. I only have to run my own errands.

6. There’s always enough hot water for my shower.

5. Everything stays exactly where I put it.

4. I don’t have to share my sugar-free treats.

3. The buttons on my car radio are set to the stations I like.

2. No more American Idol or Hannah Montana!!!

and the #1 reason an Empty Nest rocks. . .

1. I never again have to hear, “What’s for dinner?”


Now playing on my iPod: Old Time Rock & Roll by Bob Seger

7 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

The only way I'd never hear #1 is if hubby wasn't around.

Sandra said...

I already said this to you in person, but it bears repeating-

Another good thing about an empty nest? Your DH gets to park in the drive way now.

Luisa Perkins said...

I'm 17 years away from an empty nest....

Josi said...

Ahhh, the upside! :-)

Marcia Mickelson said...

I hate that question--"What's for dinner?" My kids ask it every day, and I hate it! Especially when it's followed by a groan which it usually is.

Ali Cross said...

ROFL Karlene. Congratulations!

Cindy Beck said...

Loved the list! Oh, and my "major awards" from you arrived. Thanks for the fun prizes!