Thursday, July 09, 2009

Top 10 Reasons an Empty Nest Stinks


10. The back of my hair looks like bedhead and I sometimes get caught wearing mismatched clothing in public.

9. I have to watch Lost and Grey’s alone.

8. There’s no one around to guilt me into making dinner.

7. Puzzles just aren’t quite as fun as they used to be.

6. I’m out of luck when I want new stuff on my iPod.

5. It’s absolutely impossible to check your own ears for ear wax.

4. I have to run my own errands.

3. Car dancing all by yourself is just lame.

2. I can no longer pretend I’m reading a YA novel to “check its appropriateness for my children.”

and the #1 reason an Empty Nest stinks. . .

1. There’s no one else to blame for my messy house.


Now playing on my iPod: Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Want to borrow some kids?

Josi said...

gosh, the empty nest is at least 13 loooong years away for me, but this makes me miss them already. Good luck.

David J. West said...

That is a very long way away from me and as much as the 4 year old, 3year old and 20 month old get into things, a very real part of me doesn't want that day to come.

Cindy Beck said...

Been there. Done that. Didn't really like it, but you get used to it! :)

Suan said...

i'm with sandra... i'll loan you some kids... but i know it's just not the same....i'm dreading the day which is probably not to far off for me....there has to be a few perks right?

Anna Maria Junus said...

I empty nest every summer when the kids go to their fathers.

I like it.

Jess said...

Ha ha my mom is pimping out her kids... good to know..