Friday, August 14, 2009

My Busy Bee Life (& the Announcement I Promised)


Oh, my! What a busy week I've had. Very fun and bubbly but also very crazy-making.

Went up to the LDS Booksellers Convention with Sandra. I was the designated driver and she was the designated picture taker, so to see photos, go HERE. The convention was small this year but there was still plenty to see and people to talk to. Makes me sad, though. Wish Rosehaven was still in business.

Sandra and I also cruised down to the Barnes and Noble Authorpalooza this past Tuesday. I didn't have any money, having already spent my book budget for the next 6 months. So whenever I saw a book I wanted to read, I talked it up to Sandra so she'd buy it. (Yes, I'm kind of sneaky and devious that way.)

In between those two events and in addition to the regular Grandma Days, I tended Baby Shrek while his parents were in New York. I posted info and photos so Shrek and Fiona wouldn't be so lonely while away from him. You can see them HERE. (Yes, this is one of those blogs that seemed like a great idea at the time, but I've never really developed it.)

I've also been sorting, dejunking and organizing like a maniac. You can follow my progress HERE.

Which brings me to the announcement I promised a while back. (Hope you haven't been holding your breath.)

Remember when I said that Urban Botanic is closing it's doors? And there'd be no more make and takes? Well, it happened. They official last day of business was July 31st. However, because I LOVE THIS STUFF, I wasn't quite ready to see it disappear. So I've been negotiating and I'm happy to announce that I'm the new Urban Botanic licensee!

Yes! How cool is that?

Today, in just a few hours, we'll start moving Urban Botanic into my basement!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

It will take a little longer to get it up and running. Right now if you go to the Urban Botanic website, you get a "closed for maintenance" message. But very soon now (and yes, of course, I'll announce it here), the site will be back up and ready to go.


Now playing on my iPod: I Just Want to Celebrate by Rare Earth

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I only bought 4 books because that was all my budget would handle. And I also have a long list of books, but most of them I am going over to your house to borrow. So it all works out in the end.

Cindy Beck said...

Hooray for the Urban Botanic news! That is exciting ... I felt so sad when I heard the doors were closing (so to speak). Good luck with it!