Monday, October 26, 2009

NaNoWriMo


Okay, so yeh. I'm doing this. Even though I don't have time.

But sometimes you just need to do something fun, something you can look forward to each day.

If you want to write along with me, go to the NaNoWriMo site and sign up. Then search for me and become my writing buddy. My user name is Inksplasher.

I'm going to be working on my YA mystery novel that I started back, uhm, whenever. I have a little over 5,000 words on it and my goal is 70,000. I actually can write pretty fast, when I can get myself to sit down at the computer.

Every time I sign up to do one of these things, all heck breaks loose in my life. But since heck is already in full sway around here, I figure it can't get any worse (Knock on wood.) (Or my head.) So I'm just going to do what I always do—go in with the best of intentions and see what happens.

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

M. Gray said...

Good for you! I hope you can get closer to that 70,000 word mark.

Nichole Giles said...

You do understand that the "all heck breaking loose" thing is adversary for something you're supposed to get written, right?

I'm encountering plenty of heck myself. But I'm going to try anyway!

Good luck writing buddy.

Nichole

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Good luck. I signed up today even though I've been telling myself I won't this year. I'm sure "all heck will break lose" lose here too. At least I'm in Canada, so I've already done Thanksgiving :)

Kenna said...

so what exactly is this? is it just a group that sets a goal to write as much as possible over a period of time? Or is it a workshop that actually helps you develop an idea? My problem is, I think I'm an okay writer. I just need a story to tell. Where do I even begin?

Marcia Mickelson said...

Good luck. I signed up too. It will be my first time. I haven't written since May. I need this. I'm going to add you as a buddy.

Hope you get a lot written!