Thursday, October 22, 2009

Note to Family and Close Friends

UPDATE BELOW

DH gets back surgery today.

We don't know what time. We're supposed to call the hospital at 8:30 a.m. for the schedule.

Instead of calling everyone individually, I'll be Twittering updates (far right column, just below the Twilight fragrance ad).

You can check that throughout the day.

Say a prayer, cross your fingers, wish us luck, and all that jazz.

1:00 p.m. NO SURGERY TODAY

So we get down to the hospital and all checked in. DH gets changed into the cute little gown and booties.

And we sit and wait in the pre-op room. And wait. And wait.

Then the surgeon comes in and explains that IHC has recently consolidated all their spinal surgeries to take place at the hospital we're in—but the hospital is new to him. And he was just informed that all the required paperwork giving him surgical rights to the hospital has not been filed correctly and they won't let him operate.

WHAT?!?

So. No surgery today. We don't have a new date yet but they said probably 10 days to two weeks.

I'm steaming mad. DH is hoping he's sedated and hallucinating and that he'll wake up in a few hours and tell me about this weird dream he had while under anesthesia.

I just hope he can last two weeks. He's in a lot of pain.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Good luck. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Sandra said...

So that answers my question. I noticed him outside this morning as I drove by on my way to work and wondered what was wrong because he was home.

Dinner today or tomorrow?

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness! I can personaloy appreciate his situation. I would be frustrated too.

Sandra said...

:( :(


My word verification?
shess