Saturday, October 10, 2009

Over the Top Awards

I was going to just complain again today—about the 1 1/2 hour wait at the doctor's office for the 10 minute visit with the surgeon; the arthritis that is killing my joints right now; the fact that my Mac suddenly decided it can't talk to the printer. . .

But instead, I went over to Sandra's blog first and she'd given me a bloggy award!



Thanks, Sandra. You made my day!

Now it's my turn to make someone's day. I need to pass this along to 5 bloggers (how do I pick only five?) and then answer the questions below.
  1. McKenna, because when she posts it's usually gut-busting hilarious.

  2. Candace, because she is so committed to her cause.

  3. Julie Q, because I love her posts on art and her view of life

  4. Sue, who doesn't post so much anymore because she's pregnant, but who is snort my drink out my nose funny when she does post.

  5. Cindy Beck, because she never fails to make me laugh.

Now, for the questions:

  1. Where is your cell phone? In it's cute little cell phone holder on the shelf above my computer. (I have the orange one.)

  2. Your hair? No longer looks this good. It's a mess.

  3. Your mother? Is an angel.

  4. Your father? Is wonderful.

  5. Your favorite food? Five Cheese Ziti at Olive Garden.

  6. Your dream last night? I was at this house, that had been turned into a church and I was trying to draw the floor plan and take photos to show my DH because I wanted to buy it and turn it back into a house and live in it. Only it was so confusing, there were secret rooms and staircases that would suddenly appear, and it went on and on and twisted and turned. It was wonderful, and mysterious, and full of personality, but I kept getting lost in it. (Wonder what that means?)

  7. Your favorite drink? SoBe Lean Cranberry Grapefruit

  8. Your dream/goal? My problem is there are too many things I want to do in life! It's very hard to narrow it down and stay focused. But I guess if I had to pick one, I'd like to be a publisher again.

  9. What room are you in? My upstairs office.

  10. Your hobby? Reading. Blogging. Spider Solitaire.

  11. Your fear? My children taking me on Oprah to tell the world what a bad mother I was.

  12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Publishing again; published novel that I've written; my house fixed up.

  13. Where were you last night? At home watching TV with DH and #1 Son.

  14. Something you aren't? Patient (the adjective).

  15. Muffins? Can't eat 'em. They have too much sugar. But if I could eat them, I loved the double chocolate chip and the poppyseed. I also used to make a honey muffin that was so moist and yummy.

  16. Wish list item? A computer network that always works the way it is supposed to.

  17. Where did you grow up? Lexington, KY

  18. Last thing you did? Read Sandra's blog.

  19. What are you wearing? Green shirt, blue pants, socks.

  20. Your TV? Yeh? What about it?

  21. Your pets? 1 dog, 3 cats, and a wild raccoon that keeps eating all our cat food.

  22. Your friends? There for me, always.

  23. Your life? A little complicated right now.

  24. Your mood? Trying to be positive.

  25. Missing someone? Me.

  26. Vehicle? Cordelia.

  27. Something you're not wearing? Shoes.

  28. Your favorite store? Barnes and Noble.

  29. Your favorite color? Dark red.

  30. When was the last time you laughed? Yesterday. I watched The Simpson's with #1 Son.

  31. Last time you cried? After my Yard Sale, when I was totally exhausted.

  32. Your best friend? Although I have several really, really good friends, if I have to pick my very best, the one who is always there for me and helps me through everything, who knows the real me, blah, blah, blah—it would have to be my sister, Suan. (I would have picked my DH, but he's a guy.)

  33. One place that I go over and over? Fantasy in my mind where I somehow get $350 million dollars and become a philanthropist.

  34. One person who emails me regularly? Myself, because I cc all my emails.

  35. Favorite place to eat? Olive Garden or Marie Callendar's or that sandwich place in AF that I can't ever remember the name of.

3 comments:

David J. West said...

You grew up in Lexington? I spent a month there building a stake center-conviently just a couple blocks away from a Barnes and Noble (it got most of my perdium) I liked it a lot. I was able to write an awful lot there in the evenings. Bog chunks of my second book Blood of Our Fathers was composed in Lexington. I mention this only because I have been able to write better in some cities than others and Lexington was probably my best ever.

Josi said...

Fun Meme, Karlene. One day you and I will enjoy some sugar free muffins together. It's a promise.

Cindy Beck said...

Ooo, ooo, thanks much for the awards. I love getting awards and if you lived next door, I'd give you a sugar free muffin as a way of showing my appreciation.

I loved your answers to the meme, but I'm just wondering ... why do you cc all email to yourself?