Thursday, November 19, 2009

Denial can be a good thing


Okay, so my birthday is coming up and I'm really struggling. Because supposedly, I'm going to turn 50!

Yes, I know. Who'd believe it? I certainly don't.

But still. My mother insists it is a true fact that I was born half a century ago. (Of course, since she's older than me, maybe she's confused...?)

I didn't have a problem turning 30. Or 40. 40 was a blast! But 50? I just can't wrap my mind around it.

And it doesn't matter how many people tell me, "50 is the new 30," I still struggle.

I have this nearly overwhelming desire to do some completely rebellious and extremely immature things because I'M NOT 50!

Not yet.

But apparently I'm close enough that I'm having a hard time coming up with things rebellious and immature. I need help. Suggestions. I'm making a list of things to do over the next week to prove that even though my body is older, my spirit is still young.

Please leave suggestions in the comments and if I pick yours, I'll send you a prize of some sort.

Also, stay tuned because starting Monday, I'm going to do a variation of Oprah's favorite things and give away a prize a day to celebrate my birthday. (That's much better than 50 things you never wanted to know about me, right?)


Now playing on my iPod: I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
(I ask you, what 50 year old has an iPod???)

4 comments:

Jeri said...

grab a few friends and go TP someone's house....

Sandra said...

I really should leave a comment, but then if you pick mine, you just might insist that I do it with you....

I'll think of something as soon as I am finished with this stupid paper.

Sandra said...

This comment is all Brandi said..

Brandi said, "50? I thought she was like 28."

Brandi said, "She should go skydiving."

Brandi said, "unless she wants it simplified, then she should jump on a trampoline because old people don't jump on tramps."

Anonymous said...

I say you go to the make out place where you live with your husband. And just sit and make out for hours. Lol it will make you feel like a teenager. lol Have fun.
Kandis