Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Birthday Bash: Book-a-Palooza


I love books! I've read books every day of my life for 47 of my 50 years.

I love books. I have books in every room of my house except the bathrooms (and that's only because I don't want them to get wet).

I recently parted with over 600 books—and it was hard. Because I love books.

(Sharing is caring, Karlene, sharing is caring!)

(Breathe.)

Hard as it was, I'm going to part with a few more books for today's prizes (and yes, that was plural). But parting with these books will be easy because I'll know they're going to a good home.

(Right?)

(RIGHT???)

Also because I bought these books with the intention of giving them away, so no pain.

I love books. (Did I say that already?) And I read a LOT. (I might have said that already too.) Here's a very short list of some favorite books/series that I've read this year. (You might see a pattern. I love YA and fantasy, but especially YA fantasy.)

(This is not my all-time fav list because that list changes from day to day, depending on what I've just read.)

(And I'm not numbering them in order because that is impossible to do.)


Favorite Books I've Read This Year:



Books that Will Be On the Fav List but Haven't Read Yet (but I know I will love them because I love the author/series):



Today's Prizes: Books, of course! I'm giving away three copies of Stolen Christmas and Other Stories of the Season to three very lucky winners!

This is a wonderful collection of short Christmas stories
by 17 award-winning LDS authors.

It has stories from my good friends Sandra Sorenson, Tristi Pinkston and Lori Nawyn.

And a story by Sarah M. Eden who made my fav list above.

(Click the image to read more about it.)

And if you look on the copyright page, you'll notice that it says in teeny tiny font that the book was typeset by Professional Pre-Press. That's me. It's one of the umpteen businesses I am currently running.


To enter to win, leave a comment any time before midnight on Saturday, December 5, 2009, telling me some of the best books you've read THIS YEAR.

For extra chances to win, help spread the word. . .

10 comments:

C.L. (Cindy) Beck, author said...

I can't say that I'm really into romance, but my favorite book so far this year has been a romance. Go figure!

So ... "The Icing on the Cake" by Elodia Strain is my favorite book of 2009! Great humor, fun plot, and a good read all the way around.

Ooh, and I'm going to tweet about your contest, so that gives me the following:
1 entry for commenting
1 entry for spreading the word.

Right? :)

Connie Hall said...

I like you, love to read. My favorite books this year are by people that I know. I love the two most recent books that I've read - Missing, and The Balls in Her Court. There isn't enough room to list the books that I've enjoyed just this year.

Besides commenting here I'm also going to spread the word on my blog, so enter me a couple of times in your contest.

Jeri said...

my favorites fort he year were

Land Keep, (j. scott savage)
the great a terrible series - (chris stewart)
and Goose Girl (shannon hale)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the recommendations. The books look interesting. I have read the Gallagher Girls series and love them. Also, another series that you should add and that I absolutely love is the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I have read all of them and love them so I hope they make the movie really great (I read the books before I even knew the movie was coming out so don't think I just jumped on the bandwagon like most of the those Harry Potter and Twilight fans; although I am a fan of bothe of those books as well but not all of the movies). Anyway, nice list. Thanks!

Oh, and for your contest, I add my favorite books that I read this year:
Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith
Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce (I have read all of her other books as well and love them)
Lucky by Alice Sebold
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Dragon's Blood (part of Pit Dragon Trilogy, or actually, now, chronicles since this is the fourth installment) by Jane Yolen
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (from the afore mentioned series)

That is pretty much all I can think of right now. Hope you enjoy my list! Ciao, or actually, since I'm American, bye!
PS My English teacher sucks! I hate her because she can't teach, is unfair (ask anyone, even teachers), and scares anyone (how am I supposed to learn if I'm this scared). God help me!
(Sorry, I'm just PISSED right now and just want to rant. I'll stop annoying you! It's absolutely okay if I don't win the contest. I'm not crazy, by the way, and will not explode on you. Thanks for listening if you're still here and god bless you! Sorry, I'm done. Bye!)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, it's me again. When I said I read Dragon's Blood, I was mixed up and confused. I ment Dragon's Heart by Jane Yolen (Dragon's Blood is the first book in the series). SORRY, I think I'm done! BYE!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO SO SO SORRY. JUST THIS LAST COMMENT. IGNORE ALL OF MY GRAMMAR ERRORS (I JUST LOOKED THROUGH THEM RIGHT NOW AND THEY ARE ANNOYING ME--I'M A PERFECTIONIST!). THANKS AND SORRY!
Bye!
XOXOXXOXOX
I love reading!

Lori Nawyn said...

Hey, Karlene, can I go midnight TP-ing with you? Pleeease!!! I'll teach you how to tip cows.

Tristi said...

Oh, man! I wanna tip some cows! Can I come?

I really enjoyed Santa Maybe and Right Click for LDS fiction, and The Maze Runner for national.

~~Mia~~ said...

so i just stumbled across your blog and i am in reading heaven right now!!! i am reading about how much you love books and just thinking *hey did i write that???* i had to comment just to let you know that i'll be following your blog, i've read lots of the books on your faves list (just finished the MI series) and can't wait to hear what else you come up with...i just got a kindle YESTERDAY and it is begging to be filled up!!!!!!!! LOL

Connie Hall said...

How do you want us to claim our prize?