Friday, December 04, 2009

Birthday Bash: I Like to Make the Pretty (Part 2)

I'm not your traditional craftsy person. As a general rule, I don't like to do crafts unless they're part of a business venture, but I love to scrapbook and every so often, I get into a craft and will do it until I get tired of it, then never do it again. I just like the prettiness of it all.


I used to tole paint. I painted cookie jar lids and holiday necklaces and Christmas decor and wall decor and a bunch of other stuff that I can't find images of because tole painting is now passé. But I loved it when it was cool.


One year, I crocheted over 100 beanie/caps (don't know what those things are called). I gave a few of them out as Christmas gifts and donated the rest to women's shelters and humanitarian services. Haven't crocheted since.

(Yes, that photo is of actual hats made by me.)


Then I did the whole jewelry/bracelet making thing. That got old fast because it required a significant financial investment, it was time consuming, and I had trouble seeing what I was doing. (Although, now that I have a magnifying light [thanks, Suan!], I might try it again.)



My current craft craze is refrigerator magnets. (That's what my family is getting for Christmas this year. Shh, don't tell.)

Here are a few that I've made:



Today's Prize: A set of 4 refrigerator magnets. You may choose a Christmas set or a floral set (as pictured above) OR I'll customize a set just for you.

To enter to win: Leave a comment any time before midnight on Saturday, December 5, 2009, telling me what your craftsy-type hobbies are.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Jewelry
Crochet
gardening

Nichole Giles said...

Oh my gosh. Besides reading and writing, I like to decorate. For instance, my Christmas tree is twelve feet tall. It takes two days to decorate. This is not including yards and yards of garland, arrangements, wreaths, and blah, blah, blah. And that's just during the Christmas season.

When my kids were young, I crocheted around baby blankets. That phase has passed. I shop--and I think that should count because I've become extremely good at it.

Also, I did makeup artistry for a while. Right now, though, I'm a computer addict. I love decorating and rearranging my blog and playing with pictures and things on graphic arts programs. Oh, and Scrapblog is a fun site I love as well. Digital scrapbooking is way better than by hand. =)

Annette Lyon said...

Before I landed in deadline world, I was a huge scrapbooker. (Someday I hope to catch up . . . I really did enjoy it.)

And like I mentioned last time, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE knitting! It's my yoga.

~~Mia~~ said...

omgosh i adore your christmas magnets ~ they are too cute!!!!

i am a scrapbooker thru and thru :)

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Great magnets! I'm the same way with crafts. There always seems to be something new catching my eye. My list would have to include: sewing, quilting, embroidery, crochet, tatting, scrapbooking, beading, bookmaking.