Sunday, January 24, 2010

2010 Debut Author Challenge


I did a lot of reading challenges a few years ago. I even hosted some here.

I love doing reading challenges. I don't know what happened. I think I just suddenly forgot that I liked to do them or something.

So I'm kicking off the new year (it's still January, I can still say that, right?) with a fun challenge—The 2010 Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren.

From the Story Siren's site:
What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
  • The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.

  • Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.

  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!


Here's my list (which I will most likely add to later):

Come join me!

4 comments:

M. Gray said...

You can add David's book, since I saw you were going to read his debut, right??!

Great idea! I love to read debuts!

Karen Hoover said...

They look like some really good books. I may just join you.

And you put me FIRST!!! Do you have any idea how thrilling that is?

Thanks, Karlene. I hope you enjoy it!

Karlene said...

M, David says his book isn't YA. It's for adults. So I can't use it in this challenge, but I can use it in the 100+ challenge.

The Story Siren said...

thanks for joining the challenge! you have a great list! i think it's going to be a lot of fun! hope you enjoy all of your books! happy reading and good luck!