I did a lot of reading challenges a few years ago. I even hosted some here.
I love doing reading challenges. I don't know what happened. I think I just suddenly forgot that I liked to do them or something.
So I'm kicking off the new year (it's still January, I can still say that, right?) with a fun challenge—The 2010 Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren.
From the Story Siren's site:
What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
- The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
Here's my list (which I will most likely add to later):
- The Sapphire Flute by Karen Hoover (3.5)
- Servant of a Dark God — John Brown (4.5)
- Tombs of Terror by T. Lynn Adams (4)
- The Forbidden Sea by Sheila Nielson (5)
- Iron King by Julie Kagawa (3)
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (4.5)
- Mistwood by Leah Cypess
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
- Taming the Wind by Michelle Thompson
- Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn
Come join me!