Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Summer Vacation in January


We didn't get a real vacation last year, what with all the summer hoopla and everything (you know, the stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with anything at all).

I've been going back to Kentucky to visit extended family every other summer for the past 30 years—and last summer was supposed to be my year. Didn't make it. I was a little sad about that.

I thought about going over Thanksgiving, but there was that whole back surgery fiasco. (DH is a new man, btw. Walking upright and everything!)

Anyway, I had resigned myself to the fact that it would be 2011 before I made it back there again, when Super DH (the one with the giant heart on his cape) gave me a round-trip plane ticket as a combo birthday/Christmas/anniversary present. (Isn't he wonderful?? Poor guy. He doesn't get to go. Has to stay home and work.)

So tomorrow, I head off into the wild blue yonder for a full week of R&R. Nothing but fun, and fun, and lots more fun. And naps. Plenty of naps.

And I don't even care that it's the middle of winter and will be freezing cold outside because my parents have indoor plumbing and this new-fangled invention called a "furnace"—yay!

I may or may not post while I'm gone.

(Not sure I like this pink and blue design but thought it was time to take off the Merry Christmas one.)


Now playing on my iPod: Red Neck Woman by Gretchen Wilson

6 comments:

Kenna said...

that's gorgeous. please tell me you didn't take that with your camera, and then email me the original asap.

Kenna said...

... and I'll make it SHINE.

Kenna said...

oops i meant please tell me you didn't take that with your PHONE

Suan said...

just borrow elaine's snuggie...just don't do the snow dance while you are wearing it :)

Sandra said...

That looks exactly like what we drove through the entire way to New Mexico at Christmas. It was a long hard day.

So glad you get to go see your parents. Your DH is amazing.

Nichole Giles said...

What a wonderful gift! Your DH is a gem. Have a great time on your trip and stay warm.

And BTW I love that song.

Nichole