Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Follow Me for a Chance to Win a WAY COOL PRIZE!

I need more Followers.

Not on Twitter (although I'd love to have you follow me there, as well).

And not on Facebook (I have 248 bffs there, but I can always use more. I mean really, can you ever have too many friends?)

But where I really need Followers is HERE on my blog. (Link is for facebook friends who read this post there.)

And I'm not above groveling and/or bribery to get Followers.


Explanation for those who are new to blog followers:
Followers= people who like my blog enough to admit to it in public or who know how to play the linky game to boost visits to their sites. Either way, if you have a Google ID, you can be a Follower of my blog.

It is fun to see who is following me. I put the Followers widget on my sidebar as a thank you to my followers, to get them a little bit of face-time here on the blog, but I'm not such an ego maniac as to beg for Followers.

(Okay, maybe I am, but honestly, I've just never taken the time to figure it all out and make it work for me.)

But things have changed.

Here's the deal: A publishing company that I've done book reviews for in the past has changed their requirements for book reviewers who wish to receive comp review copies. They don't send review copies to any blogger/book reviewers who has fewer than 100 Followers.

I don't blame them one bit. When I'm setting up a contest or blog tour, I request proof that the blog has at least 100 dedicated readers, too.


Groveling:
So, please, please, please--if you read my blog, uncloak for a minute and follow me. I've made it easy. (Notice all the links scattered throughout this post that go straight to where you can sign up to follow me?) I've moved my Followers widget up to the top of the inside sidebar. You can just click there and follow my blog.

So please. Please. PLEASE. Follow me and be my VBFF. I will love you forever and I'll also come follow your blog too.


Bribery:
What? The groveling wasn't good enough to make you act?

Okay, then. A Follow Me Giveaway with a way cool prize.

As a way to say thank you for becoming a Follower and one of my very unique and precious and cherished VBFFs. . .



My first 100 Followers* will be entered into a drawing to win a fragrance warmer and three oils of your choice from my Urban Botanic website. (Valued at over $50 retail.)**

I will hold a random drawing as soon as I hit 100 followers. If you want an extra chance to win: Tweet, Facebook or blog about this giveaway (an extra entry per avenue)--then come back here and tell me what you did. Leave a link so I can go see.

*Already a follower? Already entered. But I would love to have you help spread the word.

**We no longer have sage and denim as pictured here. They've been replaced with Sea Foam and Pine.

15 comments:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I just became a follower on your blog. Good luck getting the number you need to continue to review books.

ali said...

Huh! I thought I already was! Well, I sure am now!

Annette Lyon said...

Can't they use the number of subscribers based on Feedburner? Or at the least, Google Reader subscribers? They can check that on their own. So odd!

Taffy said...

I'm with Ali :) I thought I was a follower but now I really am.

Honey B. said...

Saw this being tweeted and re-tweeted on Twitter....so I'm a new follower!

Becca @ Blue Cricket Design said...

Hi Karlene!It was great meeting you yesterday at the blogger get together! I look forward to seeing you again at the 'Baby Shower!"

Connie Hall said...

I thought I was already a follower, but I can't find my picture. I have you listed on blog page and check out your blog at least every week.

Cindy (C.L.) Beck said...

Ooo,I'm already entered because I already follow? Cool. I'll have to try to pick up extra entries. :)

Cindy (C.L.) Beck said...

Just tweeted your contest. Another entry for me, right? :)

Cindy (C.L.) Beck said...

Just Facebooked your contest. However, I've heard that FB will not allow contest announcements anymore, so had to phrase it as a plea for followers for your blog. Does that count for an entry?

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I just became a follower! =)

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I tweeted your contest! @TaDaFerguson

Braden said...

I heard about your blog from Motherboard and am going to become a follower just because this looks like an interesting sight. No begging needed or quid pro quo. However, if you would be willing to consider reviewing my forthcoming book, I would be very grateful! You can see details at www.bradenbell.com

Sorry to do this in a comment--I couldn't see an email address.

Cox Family said...

I am now a follower as well..I hope it helps!!

Sheila said...

I am now following your blog. I thought I already was, but now I am. I am also trying to get my followers up to 100.How about coming over and giving me a follow back? I will tweet about this right away.
Thanks!

~~~~~~~
Sheila Staley : Book Reviewer

Come visit me at my blog http://whynotbecauseisaidso.blogspot.com/