Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Book-Launch-a-Palooza


#1. Back a million years ago, I was Young Women's president (adult leader in charge of teen girls at my church). Kim was one of my girls.

Kim has a book coming out later this month, and I'll probably, eventually, get around to reviewing it here. But as part of her launch, she's giving away a bunch of cool stuff over on her blog.

Go check it out.

(But don't try to win the bracelet. That's the prize I want.)


#2. I'm going to a lot of book launches this month. Several of the authors involved are doing giveaways and contests or special events on their blogs to help spread the word.

Annette Lyon is giving away books at her Share the Launch Love drawing.

Julie Bellon is coordinating a Water for Warriors
drive to support our troops.

Sarah Eden is doing a Hunting Expedition.



Rachelle Christensen is doing several signings of her new book this month (see her left sidebar).

I'm planning to go to her official launch at the Orem Barnes & Noble, Saturday, March 13th, at noon, because I'm all about the party!

Rachelle is sponsoring The Office Box Giveaway and & Wrong Number Book Launch







Valor Publishing is doing a 5 book "World or Difference" launch on March 16, from 6:00 pm to 8:30 p.m. at the Gateway Barnes & Noble (complete with mini-concert from Shaun Barrowes). (Yes, that's Kim's book right there in the middle.) I'll also be doing book reviews for each of these titles later in the month.




#3. Because I'm such a book person, I spend a lot of my time sitting and reading. Which makes me out of shape and mushy-bummed. To combat that, I started my 5K training yesterday. Yes, I'm doing a 5K in June. (Mom! Stop laughing!) I made a video clip after that first day, planning to post it. But then I decided not to. I look horrid! Anyway, back to the race, I don't care so much about time, as I do finishing. That's my goal. To FINISH the race.

#4. This has nothing to do with books, except that it's part of my anti-mushy bum program. I made a smoothie today. The ingredients were: spinach, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, banana, almond milk, flax oil, and 2 tsps of Splenda to make it tolerable. Don't know what I did wrong. McKenna's smoothies are much yummier than mine. In fact, I had to bribe myself with bites of a protein bar to get myself to finish it.

7 comments:

Kimberly Job said...

Thanks for mentioning my book launch and contest. Lots of great books coming out! It's hard to keep up with them all--but I'm sure gonna try.

Braden said...

Wow!!! Lots going on. I'll be interested to read your reviews since I don't have time to read all of these myself.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

How fun to go to so many book launch. It must be spring! Have fun. I've read Michele's book for a review and will be reading Kim's. Karen's looks wonderful, as does Julie's. And I can't wait to see what Annette has done in this new genre for her. :)

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Oops, I left out Sarah. I interviewed her last Friday. Can't wait to read her new regency. Okay, I'm done. I think...

C.L. Beck, author of Mormon Mishaps said...

Okay, I'm amazed. You were really Kim's Young Women's President? Oh my gosh! As the singer Rod Stewart says, "You wear it well."

(And yes, I mean it as a compliment. :)

Sandra said...

I drove past you yesterday morning. You were just leaving your house and I was on my way to work. You were so focused I don't think you saw me and I didn't want to honk and scare you.

Karlene said...

Cindy, you are my new BFF. Anyone who wants to be my BFF, just comment about how young I look. :)

Sandra, next time honk and you can count it as visiting teaching.