Sunday, March 07, 2010

You called me a what?!?


Bald Faced Liar? Seriously?

David at Nephite Blood, Spartan Heart gave me the Creative Writer Blog Award. I think the point of it is that winners of this award are full of hyperbole. I consider that a compliment. Thanks, David.

To accept this award, I have to tell six lies and one truth. Then you get to guess which one is the truth. The lying part will be easy. The truth...hmmmm.

  1. I was introduced to the love of my life at a Rolling Stones concert. We've been happily married for 13 years now.

  2. I hitchhiked from Idaho to Las Vegas and back over President's weekend in 1979.

  3. I backpacked through Europe for 3 months after I graduated from college.

  4. I have a tattoo of a rose on my back left shoulder. (Shhh, don't tell my mom.)

  5. I am a certified psychic and I can speak to the dead.

  6. All of my children are named after famous authors.

  7. I won an award for growing the biggest pumpkin when I was in Girl Scouts.

Remember, only one of the above statements is true. Guess which one. (No prizes, just the fun of guessing.) I'll fess up in a few days.

I'm passing this award on to Sandra at The Dance, Jessica at Duck, Duck, Cow, and Jill at Thou Shalt Not Whine. (Not that these bloggers are full of hyperbole, but I thought it would be fun to see what they would post.)

7 comments:

Jeri said...

You wild girl you!
I'm going to take a wild guess and say #2 0 you hitchhiked to vegas.

David J. West said...

I don't know the names of any of your kids but I'm gonna go with #6.

Jennifer said...

I think number 3 is the truth.

Nichole Giles said...

Okay, I'm thinking it's either two or four. Leaning more toward two, but wouldn't be totally shocked if you really do have a tattoo. You do have something of a rebellious heart. =)

Erika said...

This is kind of hard...I think I'll say #7...the big pumpkin award!

Cindy (C.L.) Beck said...

I pick number 7, because it's the mildest of all the statements.

Braden said...

Oscar Wilde said there was no good art anymore because there were no good liars--so that award is a good start :)

I'm going to guess the biggest pumpkin is the truth.