Thursday, May 13, 2010

Beach Books Contest


Got so busy playing with grandbabies yesterday that I never posted the contest. Sorry. So, I'll be posting two today.

First. . .

Okay, yes.

A honeymoon is no place to read books.

BUT—

1.) She's my kid, so she reads. (Kris does too.)

and

2.) It's a long plane ride.


Today's Contest:
What should they take to read on the plane?
(This should be fun summer reading.)


Prize: Your choice here.


Here are the details for this contest:
  • Post your suggestions in the comments by midnight, Friday, May 14, 2010.

  • Keep it family friendly. You can suggest a book for bride or groom or both.

  • The winner will be whomever suggests the best book for the situation.

  • To win the prize you must live in or have a ship to address in the U.S. or Canada. (If you live out of the country, you're welcome to have me send it to someone stateside as a gift from you.)

Now playing on my iPod: Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crowe

4 comments:

Suan said...

letters to juliet
by lise friedman

Anonymous said...

I dont read a whole lot but my friend really liked " what happened to Anna K" by Irina Reyn
and at the current moment I dont have anything for the groom. Sorry.
Kandis

Anonymous said...

For the groom...

Nonfiction:
Ummm....:) :)
33 Habits of a Really Good Man

Historical Fiction:
Little Britches, Father and I Were Ranchers

Classic Challenge:
Moby Dick

For the bride:

Nonfiction:
The Seven Miracles that Saved America

Historical Fiction
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Classic Challenge
Les Miserables

Sorry, can't suggest Science Fiction as it isn't my cup of tea. :)
HAPPY READING!
Yvonne, Author, 33 Habits of a Really Good Man

CL Beck, author said...

For the Groom: The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas

For the Bride: Hearts in Hiding by Betsy Brannon Green