Saturday, May 08, 2010

Luau Lovin' Playlist Contest! (Round 1)


We need a Luau Lovin' playlist and theme song.

Today's contest question: What is your favorite love song with a beach/summer feel to it?

Prize: Luau Lovin' CD—a collection of the Top Ten Love Songs, chosen from your suggestions.


Here are the details for this contest:
  • Post song suggestions in the comments section by midnight on Friday, June 14th.

  • You can suggest as many songs as you want in the same comment.
  • Songs must be suitable for a honeymoon stroll along the beach. So, LOVE SONGS with a fun beach/summer feel to them, any style of music.

  • I'll add every suggested song to a playlist below (assuming I can find a link) and listen to all of them. (On Wednesday, I'll narrow down the list and let you vote on which ones will go on the Luau Lovin' CD.)
  • Due to ever increasing shipping costs, to win the prize you must live in or have a ship to address in the U.S. or Canada. (If you live out of the country, you're welcome to have me send it to someone stateside as a gift from you.)
  • This Luau Lovin' prize will be shipped in June (have to have a chance to create it).

I'll give away three Luau Lovin' CDs in connection with this contest post, as follows:
  • Everyone who suggests a song gets entered into a drawing for the Luau Lovin' CD. One entry per song suggestion.
  • If your song suggestion is one of our top 10 chosen for the CD, you'll be entered into another drawing for the CD (one in ten chance to win).

  • If your song is chosen as our Luau Lovin' Theme Song, you'll win the CD.

Now playing on my iPod: Kokomo by The Beach Boys

9 comments:

Dede said...

You know, my fave is the version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

I was always a sucker for Cocomo by Beach Boys when I was younger too lol

Sandra said...

So, both Kokomo and The Israel Kamakawiwo'ole over the rainbow were going to be on my suggestion list.

Yellow Bird- steel drum version
Hawaiian Wedding Song
Aloha Oe
Lovely Hula Hands

And you cannot have a luau playlist without having
Limbo Rock

I have a bunch of luau CDs and beach songs if you want to borrow some

Nichole Giles said...

I'm going to suggest several, since I'm very into summer and summer-type songs.

Beach boys: Surfin (or is it Let's go Surfin Now?) Okay, seriously, anything by these guys would go.

Bob Marley: Rastaman Vibration, Jammin,

Kenny Chesney: When the Sun Goes Down, Key Lime Pie, Summertime, Island Boy

Jimmy Buffet: Brown Eyed Girl, Lime in the Coconut, Margaritaville.

Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow.

Summertime by Faith Hill.

That's all for now. Have fun!

Taffy said...

Unchained Melody
Sea of Love
Beautiful Day by U2

Anonymous said...

Summer lovin!! lol
Kandis

CL Beck, author said...

Here are a few:

Under the Boardwalk

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

Girl Watcher

Girl/Boy from Ipanema

Suan said...

this is harder than it seems...
but here's a couple of love songs... still looking for some good beachy summer love songs...

dancing in the moonlight-king harvest(don't know if thats the original group or not)

stole my heart-little & ashley

Suan said...

how about...
honey honey
and
i do i do i do
both by abba

Anonymous said...

Yvonne suggests
Billy Joel
These are the Times to Remember:

We walked on the beach beside that old hotel
They're tearing it down now, but it's just as well.
I haven't shown you everything a man can do
So stay with me baby, I've got plans for you

This are the time to remember
Cause it will not last forever.
These are the days to hold onto
Cause we won't although we'll want to.
This is the time, but time is going to change.
You've given me the best of you,
And now I need the rest of you.

Did you know before you came into my life,
Some kind of miracle that I survived.
Someday we'll both look back and have to laugh
We lived through a lifetime and the aftermath

This are the time to remember
Cause it will not last forever.
These are the days to hold onto
Cause we won't although we'll want to.
This is the time, but time is going to change.
I know we have to move somehow,
But I don't want to lose you now.

Sometimes it's so easy to let a day slip on by
Without even seeing each other at all
But this is the time you'll turn back to and so will I
And those will be the days you can never recall

And so we embrace again behind the dunes.
This beach is so cold on a winter afternoon,
But holding you close is like holding the summer sun,
All warm from the memory of days to come.

This are the time to remember
Cause it will not last forever.
These are the days to hold onto
Cause we won't although we'll want to.
This is the time, but time is going to change.
You've given me the best of you,
And now I need the rest of you.