Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Forks or Bust: Day 1

Day 1 of the Forks or Bust Virtual Road Trip!

7:00 a.m. came early this morning—but I was ready with my bags of Werewolf Kibble and my Crystal Lite Wild Strawberry mixers.

We piled into the Eclipse Mobile and started off on our adventure.

We got to Lava Hot Springs, ID around 11:45 a.m. Normally, check-in isn't until later in the day but because we have connections, they checked us right in to our gorgeous rooms at the Lava Hot Springs Inn. This is my room:


Some of us (the brave ones) went tubing down the rapids of the Portneuf River! We figured it was a baby step towards the cliff diving we'll be doing in La Push.
Some of our group getting ready to shoot the rapids (above).


I'd tell you who was who, but that would just be embarrassing as some of us are still flashing our not-quite-ready-for-summer bodies.



It was a blast, but a bit cold. Who am I kidding? It was freezing! Brrrr!


Others in our group (the chicken-livered old ladies) went miniature golfing. Guess who had more fun?




In the afternoon, we went shopping around town. Look how they welcomed us! Wasn't that nice of the Lava Locals to bring out the rainbow backdrop?




After dinner, we all went Hot-Potting in the mineral springs.


Better than spa mud! And it really helped loosen up the tired muscles from running the rapids earlier in the day.

Where will we be going tomorrow? Hint: Emmett likes these for dinner.





Today's Travel Question:

Let's say that instead of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, you found something else you really, really wanted. What would it be?

(There is no right or wrong answer.)


Leave an answer in the comments section of this post by midnight June 2 and you will be entered to win today's Daily Prize.



Leave an answer in the comments section any time before July 3, 2010 and you earn 1 point toward the Grand Prize.

8 comments:

Karlene said...

Just to kick it off - - I'd hope to find an iPad.

Sandra said...

These are always tricky questions because I have to think too hard about all the ramifications of my choice- kinda like picking 3 wishes. Now what would I choose?

A new house?
A maid?
A genie in a lamp?

I better do some more thinking.

Jess said...

My future husband....
O or a Canon eos 5d mark ii with lenses... Ill take either or both... OO I could go for both ha ha... :)

Sandra said...

How about I get the camera Jess wants and then I can give it to her and her husband as a wedding gift?

Taffy said...

A pot of dark chocolate

brendajean said...

Diamonds are a girl's best friend :)

Suan said...

i'd say love and happiness for all my family and friends....okay for EVERYONE ! but if we're talking about something that's really possible...i'd say an ipad

Anonymous said...

I really want to find a set of keys with address that is a new car and house for me!!! (and i guess my family of course). lol
Kandis