Friday, June 25, 2010

Forks or Bust: Day 22

Port Angeles!



We did the walking tour of Port Angeles today—visiting several key spots.


Gottschalks (Dept Store Bldg)

This would be where most of the residents of Forks go shopping. It's the Port Angeles version of Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, it's closed. All we could do was peek in the windows.



Odyssey Bookshop
One of two bookstores in Port Angeles. We spent a little over an hour browsing because we're all total book nerds. Can't get enough books!



Boat Ride
After the bookstore, we went for a short boat ride out into the Port Angeles harbor and back. Very fun.



Bodey's Black Diamond Bridal Shop
Bodey's has a replica of Bella's prom dress. It was way too small for most of us. But we decided it might be fun to try on some prom dresses.



Kristen, Nichole and Rebecca



Tristi, Heather, Suan, Sandra and Kandis



Chanté, Me and Sarah



Port Book and News
Then we went to the other bookstore. This is the one generally assumed to be the store Bella visited in Twilight. It has a nice small town feel to it. Another hour spent browsing...



Bella Italia
We had dinner at Bella Italia. Some of us got the mushroom ravioli (ugh). I got the ziti. Yum.


Lincoln Theater
We ended the night at the movie theater where Bella, Jacob and Mike Newton went in New Moon. We watched Twilight and New Moon. Fun!

For more fun in Port Angeles, visit
Twilight on the Olympic Peninsula


Today's Travel Question:

If you were going to the prom tonight, what fictional character would you like to be your date? Why?
(ANY fictional character; not just from Twilight)

Leave an answer in the comments section of this post by midnight June 26 (date extended because I'm late posting) and you will be entered to win June 22 's Daily Prize.

Leave an answer in the comments section any time before July 3, 2010 and you earn 1 point toward the Grand Prize.


9 comments:

*yadkny* said...

I would love to go to prom with Jacob Black :)

yadkny@hotmail.com

CL Beck, author said...

Wow, that's a tough one. Does it have to be a Stephanie Meyer's character?

If not, I think I'd pick Mr. Magoo, just to see the fun that would happen! :)

ferretvamp14 said...

Oh..........let's see........Edward from Twilight, Kisten from the Hollows and Erik from the Southern Vampires series. I can't pick one!

Nichole Giles said...

Totally wish I could've bought that fab dress I tried on. I love it! But it's okay. I spent all my money on books, so we're good.

If I were going to the prom with a fictional character, it would probably be Dante from The Hourglass Door. Or Jacob. Cuz, they're both really hot and Edward is clearly taken.

Can't wait to see where we go next!

brendajean said...

Since Dante *sigh* will already be at the Prom with Nichole, I would have to say Jace from City of Bones. (I hope he doesn't pick a fight with anyone)

Tristi Pinkston said...

I'm rockin' in my pretty blue prom dress!

Suan said...

blah..i would not wear the orange prom dress....i look like a pumpkin...my date...yes Dante would be nice but looks like i'd have to fight over him. i think i would take "my edward" not the film version

Dina said...

I'd go with the Phantom of the opera the movie version, Gerard Butler b/c he can dance and is still attractive.

Karlene said...

Suan, I know you'd never wear the orange prom dress, just like I'd never wear the pink one I'm modeling. I wanted to wear the purple one Sarah has on. But it all had to do with the way the heads were...Uh, I mean, uh, what we happened to have on when I snapped the photos.