Thursday, August 05, 2010

LDS Booksellers

Went up to the LDSBA Trade Show today. I love going up there and seeing all the new stuff. Sandra went with me. We had a great time. She took most of the photos because my camera battery died after just a few shots.

I'll post more pictures over the weekend, but here are just a few to get you started...

Here I am holding the book I spent most of June working on (editing, typesetting), From Heartache to Healing: Finding Power in Christ to Deal with a Loved One's Sexual Addiction by Colleen & Phil Harrison, published by Windhaven. It uses the Twelve Steps of recovery, LDS gospel principles and scriptures to help with healing. The book is really good and will help a lot of people. It will start showing up in stores in just a few weeks but it's available for pre-order now. You can read a few chapters here.





Here, I'm holding Stephanie Black's new book, Cold As Ice, which hits bookstores any second now. I can't wait to get it. I'm listed in the Acknowledgments because I let her pick my brain about running a bookstore. I think I'm going to buy a bunch of copies, highlight my name in the Acknowledgments, and then give them away as Christmas gifts. That way, my friends will know how cool I am.




I was so excited to see my friend, Darla Isackson. It's been several years since we've had a chance to visit—and we didn't get to talk long. But it was so good to see her. I had no idea she had a new book out: After My Son's Suicide. She deals with a very difficult topic with grace and faith. You can read the Introduction here.




This is me in networking mode. I took LibrisPro information and talked to several publishers about helping them create ebooks. I think I made a decent impression. Here, I'm chatting with Alan Mitchell of Greenjacket Books.


More photos soon...

3 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

Thank you so much for the pic of my book! Woohoo! And thank you for your help!

Dina said...

I hate it when the batteries dies right when yu want to take good pics. I now bring extras. ;)

Nichole Giles said...

Very cool. Looks like you had a good time!