Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Living Room Blinds!


I finally got some blinds for the living room! Earlier this month, as part of the Artist's Way group I'm doing with some friends, we listed 10 Tiny Changes we wanted to make and then pick one to do. I picked "Get blinds for living room and take down those ratty looking sheers."

I budgeted $30 for them, planning to get cheapies from Wal-Mart. Then, when I was cleaning my office, I found a $40 Lowe's Gift Certificate that DH's brother had given us for Christmas last year! So that, plus my $30 got me some awesome blinds!

I bought them on the 7th, planning to hang them right away, but I hit some issues—they were too heavy for me to hang alone, Christopher couldn't figure them out. DH had to finally go buy some tools that we already had but can't find. (Grrr! Yes, still not organized.)

However, I (as in, DH) finally got them hung!!!

Not sure what I'm going to do with that big gaping hole up at the top. The sheers were hung decoratively with a little doo-dah there in the middle. Maybe I'll get a valance or something...

No comments: