Sunday, February 27, 2011

Are You Ready to Change Your Life?


[Updated March 2nd; changes in dark red.]

At the risk of sounding like I'm selling snake oil, this challenge is seriously changing my life.

In January, before I knew about this challenge, I decided on my slogan for 2011. I don't really like to do New Year's Resolutions because I tend to fail at them.

And then I get depressed.

And then I have to go eat a bunch of chocolate, which makes me fat.

And then I get more depressed. And then...

**SNAP! SNAP!**

Better now.

Okay, so my slogan for 2011 is:
If it doesn't change your life, why bother?

Meaning, if what I'm doing doesn't in some way change my life for the better, then it's not worth the time, effort, energy I'm expending. And that doesn't mean it has to be a hugely, life-shatteringly, earth-shakingly awesome change. Just a change. For the better.

And then I heard about and took Chalene Johnson's 30 Day Push Challenge. And it was awesome. Read a tiny bit about what I learned here and here.

I'm taking it again, starting March 1st and as I said before, I can't do anything without turning it into a party. So here we go...

Drum roll, please...

Announcing the
Come PUSH With Me Challenge!

I want you to experience what I experienced back in January because it was just that awesome!

Here's what you need to do to participate:
  1. Go to Chalene Johnson's 30 Day Push Challenge website and sign up to take the challenge. Do it now because it starts on March 1st!


  2. Post about the challenge at regular intervals on your blog(s), facebook, other social networks.
  3. Come back here and leave comments as instructed to be eligible for prizes.


  4. Throughout the month of March, there will be prizes! Including:

    • Weekly prize drawings for each week of the challenge (that would be four).

    • Random challenges where you must follow the instructions to be eligible for the prize.

    • A Grand Prize drawing for those who complete all 30 days of the challenge!
What are the prizes? I'll announce them soon, but I wanted to get you excited NOW! And, all prizes will be delivered electronically, so my non-U.S. resident friends can participate too!!


The first Random Challenge is the PUSH Sign-Up Challenge!

To be eligible:
  1. Go sign up for Chalene Johnson's 30 Day Push Challenge . Although you can join us at any time here, you need to sign up at Chalene's site no later than March 1st to be eligible for this prize!

  2. Write your blog post, facebook or twitter about the challenge.

  3. Come back here and leave a comment about what you've done. Feel free to leave your blog URL or profile info so we can come say hi.

  4. Go visit at least one other person who commented below and leave a comment on their PUSH Challenge blog post. Then come back here and tell me whose blog you commented on.

Coming very soon: Another random challenge and prize. (As soon as I figure out what the prizes will be. :)

2 comments:

Jeri said...

I already signed up - right after reading your first post about it. I have to admit, I am a bit nervous...

I am so ready to make some LASTING and positive changes in my life. Sure hope this works as well for me as it has for you!

Tristi Pinkston said...

I will linky after I've posted the post. I'm definitely in need of organization, accountability, and prizes!!