Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Woman Cave — Painted

The Craft/Hobby Room is painted. The room is still pretty dark because I don't have the new light installed yet, so it's hard to see. But if you happen to make out any drips or spots or whatever, just know that...

I DID THAT ON PURPOSE!

I used the Glidden Brilliance Collection, 2 in 1 Paint + Primer in Crisp Linen White, from Wal-Mart.


Here's the window wall:


And here's the wall directly across from the window. The entire top half of this wall is corkboard. I just painted right over it.



And here's the corkboard wall with my shelves in place. This will be my Gift Cupboard, where I will store wedding gifts, baby gifts, and gifts for other miscellaneous occasions.

Having a Gift Cupboard allows me to shop sales and stock up on items when they fit my budget. And when I get an invite to a party, I can quickly grab a gift and go. No stress, no worries.

I had these shelves from the UB business so I can't tell you where to get them, but they're plastic and light weight. I think you can find them, or something similar, at most home stores (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.) They actually come with two more tiers, but I wanted a lower shelf so I can use the corkboard.

The thing I love about these shelves? They are pretty easy to take apart and set up, as evidenced by the fact that...

I DID IT MYSELF!

No comments: