Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Ron’s Read-a-Thon


Ron isn’t much of a reader but he’s game for this contest.

This Party Game starts TODAY, JULY 6th and goes through midnight, FRIDAY, JULY 15th.


WHAT TO DO:
Read or re-read each of the seven Harry Potter books or, if you’re a non-reader like Ron, watch the previous movies.

And, good news!

Ron borrowed Hermione’s Time Turner, so this contest is retroactive to January 1st, 2011.


HOW TO ENTER:
Leave a comment telling me which Harry Potter books or movies you've read/watched since January 1, 2011.

PRIZE:
Each book or movie gives you one entry to win

The Harry Potter Game Collection
(Trivia Bingo, Bingo and Puzzle Book)*

PLUS, an entry for the Grand Prize.




OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL ENTRIES



*Harry Potter Bingo, Harry Potter Trivia Bingo, and Harry Potter Puzzle Book were created by me and are in digital formatting. Winners will be sent instructions for downloading their prizes.

7 comments:

Karlene said...

My goal is to read all 7 books before the 15th. I read 1, 2 & 3 last week and I'm halfway through 4. If I finish the books, I may watch the movies too.

the scarecrow said...

I read all of them last week (it was a project to get my sister going on it too, she's a bit of a *shudder*...Potterphobe...). This includes Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages and the Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Had a movie marathon last weekend, spent all of it watching Harry Potter.

My brain feels slightly exhausted, to be honest... I think I'll just spend next week cooking Potterific food and stocking up on Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans.

the scarecrow said...

Also, are you going to see it in 3D? I wonder why this one is 3D when part 1 wasn't.

Sheila said...

They didn't have time to make the 1st Deathly Hallows ready for 3D, but they did for the 2nd half. I was also wondering if you would be going to see the IMAX in 3D?

BTW....I have seen all 7 of the DVD's. MANY times since january. Harry Potter movie marathons are a bi-monthly thing at my house. We watched 1-3 today and plan on watching the other four tomorrow. We also play Harry Potter Scene-It several times a month and the HP Wii games. I have also been reading the HP books again with my 9 year old. We are HUGE Harry Potter geeks at our house. I am not sure how you want to count all of this as entries. ;)

ansindt said...

I have read all the books, but it was last year...but I have watched all the movies this past week in preparation for the last one=)

G. Parker said...

I routinely re-read them for each movie so that I'm up to speed, since I don't remember all the details like my children like to. I also did the quiz you have linked and I'm a Griffendor, which is kind of cool. I'm in the same house as Harry! We probably won't be going to see the movie until it comes to our dollar theater, so I guess we're not as committed as some... ;) We actually watched the first one today!

Evelyn said...

I read the 7th book to make sure I remember all the details! I've also watched 2 of the movies...the first one and the last one (well, the last one before this one anyway!)

dedelandblog at gmail.com