Monday, August 22, 2011

DH is still laughing over this one


While I was driving home from Idaho (more info and photos later) on Friday, DH calls me up on the cell phone.

DH: Uhm, since you're only about 15 minutes from home, I have to tell you about something because, well, you're going to see it when you get here.

Me: What?!?! [imagining he's hurt or the house has burned down]

DH: Well, remember when I got hit by that car a few months ago? And then almost got hit again about a week ago? Well, uhm, it happened again...

Me: You were in a wreck?!? [hitting panic button]

DH: Oh, no, no. I wasn't in a wreck but this woman almost plowed right into me this morning. And I was tired of people almost killing me, so... uhm... well, I bought something. And I towed it home with my Saturn and it's in front of the house. And it really won't take much to get it going...

Me: You bought a car??? [wondering which bank he robbed]

DH: You'll see when you get here.

Me: [long pause] What color is it? [because that's the only part of a car that makes sense to me]

DH: Yellow.

Me: Yellow?!? [look at phone; wonder who this is and what they've done with my husband]

DH: Yes, because, y'know, yellow is a lot easier to see than white.

Me: [?!?!]

DH: Well, okay. See you when you get here. Bye. [Yes, he did! He hung up on me!]

So I turned onto my street with much trepidation...


DH was sitting on the porch when I got there, just so he could see my reaction. He's still laughing about it.

But that's okay. Revenge is sweet.


And speaking of DH. Here's his version of weed control (Kids, do not try this at home):

  1. Pour gasoline into the sidewalk crack.

  2. Light match.

  3. Watch it burn.

The funniest part? Right as he dropped the match, the bishop of our ward walked by and DH had to explain why he was setting our sidewalk on fire.

Now playing on my iPod: Lookin' Out My Backdoor by Creedence Clearwater Revival

4 comments:

Angie said...

LOL. That's funny. Your husband cracks me up.

Stampmouse said...

love it!!!!!!

Suan said...

soooo funny :)
are you plotting your revenge ?

CL Beck, author said...

Ooo, love Hubby's way of taking care of weeds. I'll have to try that ... but not near my vinyl fence. :)

By the way, I've just given you the Liebster Award. Stop by my blog to pick it up!