Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Paranormal Nursery Rhymes

This party game is now closed.



I'm An Evil Vampire
(to the tune of I'm A Little Teapot)

I'm an evil vam-pire
A bit in-sane.

Here is my cof-fin,
here are my fangs.


When the sun is shi-ning,

Then I SHOUT!

I'm on fire, put. me. out!


(from Vampire Nursery Rhymes by She-Walks-Into-Doors)



Bella needs some special nursery rhymes to tell the little one. She's not very creative and we've got to help her out.

Take a commonly known nursery rhyme or children's song and re-write it adding a paranormal twist. You can twist them for vampires, werewolves, faeries, or any other paranormal creature.

Put your rhyme in the comments of this post. You can submit as many rhymes as you like. Put each one in a separate comment. Each rhyme = 1 entry for the prize.

Winner will be chosen completely at random and can pick a prize from Edward's Let's Make a Deal post.

DEADLINE: Midnight, November 19th (I'm giving you extra time to be really creative). Winner will be posted & notified on November 22nd.

OPEN TO U.S. ENTRIES ONLY.

All participants will also be awarded one entry per story for the Grand Prize, to be awarded Monday, November 22nd. (Grand Prize open to U.S. entries only. Sorry.)

Pssst: Want to earn extra entries for the Grand Prize? Help spread the word! DETAILS HERE.

**P.S. Totally stole the Humpty Dumpty image from this site. The fangs are my own addition.

7 comments:

Nichole Giles said...

Ooh, fun. Okay, got my brain working on my rhyme. Will come back in a bit and post it.

Gail said...

I going to enlist the kids on this one. They've been singing made up songs all day. I'll post when we come up and a doozy.

Tiffany Dominguez said...

Edward and Jacob went up a hill
to woo a fetching Bella.
Victoria fell down along with her newborns
And the Volturi fled shortly after.

Jenn Wilks said...

Sparkle, sparkle in the sun
You're a vampire, little one

Never feast on human blood
No, my little flower bud

Sparkle, sparkle in the sun
You're a vampire, little one

Cathy Witbeck said...

Edward Cullen
Puddin' pie.
Wouldn't bite Bella,
And made her cry.
When the wolves
came out to play,
Edward and Bella
Ran away.

Stampmouse said...

Little Miss bella sat in the grass
Dreaming of making a pass
Along came a vampire,
Who sat down beside her
And indeed Miss bella got her way

Nichole Giles said...

Dang it! Cathy, you and I think too much alike. Here's mine.

Edward Cullen
Doesn't eat pie
Bites the girls
And makes them cry
When the wolves
Come out to play
Edward Cullen
Runs away.

And now since Cathy did one way too similar already, I'm going to have to do another one. Just a sec, I'll think of it...

Okay, here you go. (To the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat.)

Drink, drink, drink the blood
Just ignore the scream
Merrily,happily, merrily, happily
Live eternally.