Tuesday, July 24, 2012

2012 Summer Book Trek--I'm In!


I haven't participated in a really fun reading challenge in years!

(Well, okay, I did the 2012 Whitney Read 'Em All challenge and the GoodReads challenge but...uhm, never mind.)

I used to host reading challenges here, too—but somewhere along the line I stopped. What happened with that??

Anyway.

When I saw LDS Publisher's Summer Book Trek challenge, I decided to go for it!

Quick Summary:
  • August 2012
  • Novels by LDS authors
  • Lots of prizes

First step, creating my reading list. I've decided that rather than list what I think I'm going to read and then adjust the list (because I always do), I'll just add the next book after I finish the one before it. So here it is:
  1. Paige – Annette Lyon (4 stars; another great addition to this series)
  2. Endlessly – Kiersten White (5 stars; one of my fav series & not disappointed in the ending!)
  3. Hatter – Daniel Coleman (4.5 stars; wish I'd read it in 2011. Would def have nominated it for a Whitney!)
  4. Guardians of the Hidden Scepter – Frank Cole (4 stars; I liked many things about this book but felt some of the violence was a little harsh for targeted readers, ages 12-14.)

Come join me in some reading fun!

1 comment:

LDS_Publisher said...

Thanks for joining the 2012 Summer Book Trek. Happy reading!