Thursday, July 26, 2012

The History of My Body (aka TMI)


This is my story:
  • I was born skinny.
  • I ate whatever, whenever and I stayed skinny—until I had my first baby.
  • Then I got fat.
  • Then I got very fat.
  • Then I lost the weight and I was normal.
  • I stayed normal for 13 years.
  • Two years ago, I put on about 30 pounds and I can't get it off!
The End

Okay, it's not really the end—because I'm not letting it end there. I want that 30 pounds off. Not so much for the esthetics (although that is definitely part of it) but there is a certain weight where I feel comfortable moving through this world. I feel both strong enough to move furniture and yet light enough to dance.

I like it when I feel that way.

For me, body weight is not simply calories in vs calories burned. Yes, I am a stress eater. But my body is also a stress weight-hoarder. When I'm stressed, it takes fewer calories in to gain the weight and lots more calories out to burn it.

A couple of years ago, I got really stressed and it seems like it's been one thing after another since then. So even when I'm being very calorically careful, I still hold on to that weight.

And that is why I'm doing this Lighten-Up Online Weight Loss Retreat. It's not just diet and exercise. It includes:
  • learning about healthy foods that optimize weight loss and fight cravings
  • finding the best exercise program for you needs
  • changing your attitudes and mindsets to allow you (ahem, me) to stress less
  • changing your surroundings to support your emotions
  • building healthy relationships


Lighten-Up is a holistic program that addresses the whole of who you are.  There are several "experts" in a variety of areas to help you. And you get a whole boatload of cool stuff to help you through the program.

I'd love to have some friends take this journey with me. If you're even slightly interested, go read more about it here.

Sign-up Deadline is Saturday, July 28th!


And if this isn't the right time for you, that's okay, too. I'll be blogging about it starting the first week of August and you can follow my progress.

1 comment:

Anthony Dutson said...

I'm looking forward to reading your posts about the program. I lost 30lbs two years ago, but after two years, they've returned.