Friday, September 06, 2013

How Great is His Beauty

I went on a walk this morning.


Not to lose weight (which, yeh, I need to do) and not for stress or generic health reasons (yeh, need to do that too), but simply because I wanted to take a stroll in the almost crisp end-of-summer morning air.


I didn't walk fast. I didn't decide ahead of time what my route would be. I just…strolled.


And I was overwhelmed by all the beauty in my own neighborhood.


Beauty that I rush past every day and never see.


There was even beauty by my own front porch that I'd never really noticed.


I found beauty in the struggle to create a new generation…


and in the search for freedom.


Even in death, there was an undescribable majesty.



For how great is his goodness,
and how great is his beauty!
(Zechariah 9:17)

3 comments:

Stephanie Abney said...

Love your photos! And comments. Great post, Karlene!!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

What a lovely post. Now I am definitely motivated to take a walk today! It's so much nicer to do it with one's eyes open to the beauty all around us.

Misty Moncur said...

So true, and so pretty.